Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2nd day at the hospital: Disaster!

February 11, 2010:

I didn't get enough sleep because I was still worried about my brother. My hubby was very supportive of me that he went to Olongapo with me to visit and support my brother. We arrived there early in the morning and was so scared and as if there were butterflies on my stomach and when I was infront of the James Gordon Hospital, I am afraid to go inside, afraid of what I am going to see. With the help of hubby, I finally reached the Orthopaedic Ward where he lies, sleeping.
I felt very sad and depressed on what happened to him. His face and body was full of scars and bruises, and his left leg was still bleeding eventhough it was wrapped in a bandage. The bed sheets and the hospital dress has still blood stains from the accident. The worst part was that nobody's there, not one relative, even my father, wasn't there to support him. The only person who was on his side since the hospital called my father was a friend/neighbor. My heart melted and was about to burst into tears when suddenly he woke up... I hugged him never ask anything at first. I can feel the pain that he was suffering. He knows that whenever he did anything wrong, my mouth won't stop talking like an M-16 armalite, but this time it's different. It happened and it will never be the same again.
After the short silence, Anne, his friend told me that he needed 8 bags of type B blood immediately. She said that the doctors couldn't perform the 1st operation because his hemoglobin was too low. I don't know what to do. Never in my life that I have donated blood because I'm anemic. Hubby was the one who volunteered first though his blood type is A+ and of course, I am the sister so I also went there to donate (but I'm Type O). We went to the blood bank immediately but unfortunately, they cannot accept it in exchange with the type B blood (which you have to pay Php1,500 even if you have a donor) because there was no Type B blood available. I have no choice but to call up some of my friends. One particular person was Norie Joe. He was the one who contacted our batchmates. After an hour, hubby and I went to meet them at the mall where we found Jordan Arenas who was willing to donate his Type B blood for the very first time. I was surprised and very thankful because we have never been that close when we were in Highschool. And would like to thank Ariel Go for sending 4 more people to donate blood (but unfortunately they had restrictions.. some are drunk, others have tatoo so the blood bank rejected them) but atleast Ariel was there and was trying to help. And of course Norie Joe who was the one who called all of them at that time. 3 from Carl's friend also donated blood. We collected 5 plus we bought 3 from the Red Cross.

Upon completing the blood bags which took us a whole day, a surgeon talked to us that they needed to put a fixature to my brother's leg. He told us that that it is possible for them to amputate my brother's leg and we will be needing a big amount of money for the 5 operations. He showed us the video and the picture. It was a disaster. I cried but didn't told my brother yet because he was full of hopes... that everything will be back to normal. False hopes (?) I keep on praying and helping myself to be brave infront of him. He was still in pain... They scheduled the first operation on a Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog