Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 6: Miracle Happened!

February 16:

Motto: Never give up! After our visit to Tagaytay, I called up my medical friends, send them the Xray pictures. Hubby was helping me too. He sent some pictures to their resident doctor, Dr. Calado, told him that the doctors in Olongapo was planning to fuse Carl's leg. He told my hubby to advise the doctor not to fuse the leg/limb and also advised him to consider Ilisarov procedure.

Ilisarov procedure (Wikipedia) is used in surgiforcal procedures to lengten and reshape the limb bones; treat complex and/or open bone fractures; and in cases of infected non-unions of bones that are not amenable with other techniques."

Dr. Calado told hubby to tell my brother's Orthopedic doctor not to fuse the limb. He even told hubby that if they cannot do that in Olongapo then we have to send my brother here in Manila (PGH). He said that PGH has expertise in Ilisarov procedure. So when I heard about that, I googgled it and found 134,000 results. I gatheres some data and then called up carl's doctor and told him not to amputate the leg. Maybe he can consider that procedure. I kept on calling him and texting him from 0530H until he called me at 1430H the same day. Guess what? He talked so differently. He said he will not do bone fusion anymore, that there still hope that he can bend his legs and be functional again in the future. Whew!!! MIRACLES DO HAPPEN (?) or if you don't know anything about the procedure, just say YES to whatever the doctor tells you because you're staying at the ward??? But I do believe MIRACLES DO HAPPEN... Just pray...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog