Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All about YAYA!!! Whatever!!!

Just as I arrived at the office yesterday, I received a call from our landlady. She's telling me that our "yayas" (nannies) were fighting at home. I was really worried and wanted to go home immediately. But then, the good landlady told me not to worry and offered that she'll visit our house from time to time to check on our yayas and also to check on my precious ones.

Hours had past, the elder yaya (i'll just call her "Isabela") keeps on texting me and hubby a LOT of negative things about the younger one (or "Gabriela") so we decided not to answer the text until we get home because we don't want just to hear one side of the story. Also, we noticed that Isabela was a very good actress. If you can hear her and just listen to her... you'll believe everything that she says.

And so we arrived at home at 6pm due to heavy traffic. We asked them where it started but both of them won't stop talking. Each of them has something to say about each other but Isabela always have +2 points. She always make it a point that she hasn't done anything wrong and that she was only following my instructions. Then I found out from the conversation that we had that Isabela was making up stories about me. She keeps on dragging my name to Gabriela. Since, Gabriela was younger and its her first time to work as a nanie, she believes everything that Isabela says. To make the story short, Gabriela thinks that I am bad because i have soooo many rules at home which is not true. I told them from the very beginning that the most important thing of their job is to make sure that my kids are well taken care of (food, clothing, hygeine) and next will be the household chores.

We were caught by surprise what had transpired. In fact, we were made to believe that both of them are getting along too well. If we only knew right from the start what is the problem, we could be sure that this have never happen, both of them fighting each other. Since the bubble have already burst, there's no other way than to contain the situation. We have no other recourse but to make a drastic action and a tough decision. We know that if both of them will stay together while both me and my husband are away from the office, we will still get worried that they will clash again.

So we agreed that we have to let go one of them. We know it's very tough since it is really hard to find somebody who will help you in your daily chores but the situation was too traumatic not only us but also the kids, we have no other choice. This morning we dropped her off at Buendia. So goodluck to her and hope she change for the better. For now, life at home is peaceful and less worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog