Monday, November 16, 2009

My Poor Little Trishia


I have a latrophobia, a fear of going to the doctor or doctors. When i was a child, I had a traumatic event at my Pedia's clinic when he gave me a negative outcome with my labtests that results in undergoing several procedures or test. Since, then, I hate going to any hospitals or doctors (even for annual check-up). Well... I cannot tell you how the doctors and nurses handled me when I gave birth to my two little princesses.

Anyways, when it comes to my little princesses... going to the doctor is an exception. Trishia needs to rush to the ER to check the rashes that has worsen for the past 3 days. The resident Pediatrician said that she needs to undergo certains lab tests and x-ray. She even advise us to confine our little one for observation. But then, they called the Trishia's real pedia and advised us to go home instead and come back later today to see the rashes before complying to the resident Pedia. And so we came back with a heavy heart waiting for the results.

As we were waiting for our turn, we are trying to read the lab results and a lot of possibilities are crossing to our minds. And then the doctor said, she has an acute bronchial asthma with hypersensitivity reaction. Well, its not that really that far so serious like dengue or pneumonia or super allergy but the doctor assured us that allergies are common things in babies as they have sensitive skin and all of that. We were relieved that even that she had this kind of rashes, she have no fever nor experiencing pain and its not that itchy for her.

Tonight we gave her Iterax, an anti allergy syrup which is the same as benadryl. After about 30 minutes she already fell asleep. Thats why anti allergy medicines are very popular with those suffering with insomnia. They really make you sleepy. Good night readers! no we didnt also take benadryl but the stress you experience whenever you worry about your child make you so tired and sleepy.zzzzzz

Note: Tomorrow, my poor little Trishia needs to take five (5) more different kinds of medicines.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog